How we protect your privacy
The security of Guest Information is very important to us and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We collect Guest Information only in a manner deemed reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes and comply with our legal obligations. We use commercially reasonable efforts to make our collection of Guest Information consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. We exercise care in providing secure transmission and storage of information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage is 100% secure. We cannot warrant that all data we transmit, store and collect will be completely secure. We use commercially reasonable efforts to create and maintain firewalls, restricted access and secure socket layers and other appropriate safeguards to ensure that, to the extent we control Guest Information, it is used only as authorized by us and consistent with this Policy and that Guest Information is not improperly altered or destroyed. Our privacy protection practices help us maintain accurate, timely, complete and relevant information for our business purposes. Our communication systems, software and database practices have been designed to aid us in supporting authenticity, integrity and confidentiality.
What We Do With Guest Information:
We use a limited number of third parties to help us provide services to you such as processing payments, monitoring online activity at redroof.com (“Website”), conducting surveys, maintaining our database, taking and processing orders and reservations, administering emails, participating in co-brand credit card programs and administering drawings or contests. Third parties also provide us with aggregate and comparative information on the performance of our Website.
1. Other than as described below, we will not sell, trade or rent Guest Information to non-affiliates of Red Roof.
2. We may use Guest Information to offer goods and services to you that we believe may be of interest you. We may use Guest Information to contact you to inquire or survey about the guest experience at the location(s) visited and the prospect of future stays or improvements needed to attract additional business. We may also create and use aggregate Guest Information that is not personally identifiable to understand more about the common traits and interests of our Guests.
3. We may utilize one or more third-party service providers to send email or other communications to you on our behalf, including guest satisfaction surveys. These service providers are prohibited from sharing or using your email address or other contact information for any purpose other than to send communications on our behalf.
4. If you make a purchase on our Website, create or modify an account (including a credit card account) or sign up for our rewards program, your name, mailing address, phone number or purchase information may be made available to our co-brand partners who may provide you with information about their products or services or the products and services of their affiliates.
Emails about Special Offers and Promotions and Opting-Out
It is our intention to only send email communications that would be useful to you and that you want to receive. When you provide us with your email address as part of the reservation or check-in process, we will place you on our list of customers to receive informational and promotional emails. In addition, customers and visitors to our website are given the opportunity to “opt-in” to receive electronic promotional communications by selecting the option to receive promotional email from us on our Website.
Each time you receive a promotional email, you will be provided the choice to “opt-out” of future emails by following the instructions provided in the email or you can “opt-out” at any time by clicking on “Email Promotions” on our website and following the instruction provided there.
1. Measure usage of various pages on our Website to help us make our information more pertinent to your needs and easy for you to access; and
2. Provide functionality such as online reservations and other functionality that we believe would be of interest and value to you.
Compliance with Law
We may disclose Guest Information to law enforcement agencies, or may be required to disclose it during the discovery process in litigation, pursuant to a court order or in compliance with any applicable law, regulation, rule or ordinance.
Some of our locations are owned and operated by independent franchisees that are neither owned nor controlled by Red Roof. Each franchisee may collect Guest Information and use such information for its own purposes. Red Roof does not control the use or access of such information collected by franchisees.
Questions or Comments
Any questions or comments that relate to the Red Roof Privacy Protection Policy may be directed to us at Red Roof – Privacy, 2071 N. Bechtle Ave., PMB 226, Springfield, OH 45504-9979 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
All contents of this Website are protected by United States and International Copyright and Trademark law. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may subject a violator to civil and criminal penalties. All rights reserved.
Privacy Protection Policy Changes
In the future, we may need to change this Policy. All changes will be included on this Website so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. This Policy was last updated on January 31, 2016.